1. Bad photo. Awesome lamp. Those are all sea shells attached to the lamp base at a slight angle. I spotted this little beauty at a store that, unfortunately, wanted $169 for it. Since I live in a land-locked state, I plan to “surf” the internet to find some shells to make my own. Stay tuned for a tutorial!
2. Hello baby Minnetonkas. If you’re on the fence about having kids, would it help convince you if I told you that you can dress them in miniature versions of the things you wear? I found these mocs at a kids consignment sale for $2. Did I mention they’re brand new?
3. Spring has finally sprung! Warm mornings, afternoon thunderstorms and hikes with friends—bring them on!
4. My mom’s birthday was this week. First she requested strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. Then she upped the ante to strawberries, whipped cream and brownies. When the sugary moment of truth rolled around though, THIS is what she had for a b-day “cake.” I’ve never been more convinced I was adopted.
5. I no longer have to call a stack of photos a baby “book.” Check out my progress on our DIY baby’s first year journal here and here.
6. It’s t-minus two weeks and counting till we fold up the nomad flag and move into our new house. Finally our current address will be a little more descriptive than “Mike and Jess, planet Earth.” That means we have just enough time to crank out a butcher block cutting board to proudly display on our new countertops. We found a few awesome pieces of wood that will, with any luck, become a staple in our dinner prep. My dad’s the expert at this woodworking stuff though, so I’ll be sharing a tutorial just as soon as I figure out what the heck is going on.
What did you do this week? Light any strawberries on fire?